Run Around - A New Pattern

Well, it appears that I don't yet have the hang of blogging again. Two months between blog posts? Not what I was aiming for. I do, however, have a new pattern to share with you! This one is called Run Around. It finishes at 54" x 60", which I find a generous lap or throw size.

The quilt comes together quite quickly, with not a lot of cutting and very few seams for its size. I've chosen to use solids for mine, but this would also look great with prints in the wider stripes and coordinating solids for the narrow stripes. I'd love to see this in rainbow colour order too!

Publishing a new pattern is always a bit scary for me. It's putting something I created out into the world, not just for people to see (which I think is fun), but for people to use and make something from. I feel like I have a responsibility, therefore, to create the best pattern I can, that will be easily understood and user friendly. While I love the process, and love, love, LOVE seeing what people make from my patterns, I still get nervous about it and fret a little over getting everything just so. I think that's part of why it can take me so long to get a pattern out there. 

As I mentioned in my last post, the design inspiration for this quilt came from the back of another one of my patterns, called ZigZag Run. I promised I'd look for the photo that inspired me, and I dug around on my computer and in my cloud storage for ages - too long, really - but I was unable to find it. So frustrating! Here is a picture of the runner instead:

To purchase the pattern, you can head to my online store at hopesquiltdesigns.com. EU and UK folk, due to tax laws you'll need to go to Etsy or my other site here.

Bye for now x X x

Comments

Popular Posts