Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt - Single Wedding Star

I'm happily keeping up with the one block a week for the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, though I cut it fine again and only finished this block on Saturday. It is number 80 - Single Wedding Star.


You'll see I have a rose in the centre again, as I like to do whenever possible. This time though it wasn't planned, I just cut the pieces from my strip and happened to get a rose perfectly positioned for the centre. Had I planned the cutting, I would probably have gone for a more yellow section of the strip for the bottom left diamond, but I do like it as is so I'm not complaining.

I'm going to try for a block with more pieces this week so that I'm not leaving all the most time-consuming ones until the end. So, it may be a fortnight before the next Farmer's Wife post. I'll see how I go.

Bye for now,

Hope x

P.S. You might also know this block as Rolling Stone. It just so happens I've got a free pattern for a very cute, very small, 1.5" version of this block available in my Payhip Pattern Store. A little bit challenging, but if you like to sew small it's a fun challenge. :)




Comments

Popular Posts