Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt - Rosebud

This week's block is number 75 in the book and is called Rosebud. Simply triangles in three sizes, it was quite fun to put together and came together very nicely. I'm not entirely sure I like my fabric choices though.


Those Eiffel Towers are just too distracting. Both the rose print and the Eiffel Tower print are pretty 'busy' and I think the design of the block gets a little lost. I don't know. In some lights it seems just fine, in others... not so much. I'm leaving it as it is though and will decide whether or not to use it when the time comes to put the quilt together.

As I ponder possible setting options for the blocks, I'm realising that I really don't know what colour sashing or background I want to use. I had thought a dark, dark grey would be nice, but now I'm wondering about something different, like green. Isn't it fun, the pondering of fabric selection?

Bye for now

Hope x

Comments

  1. I agree with you , it's too busy! Perhaps a smaller print in cream tones with the pink !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are lots of other fabrics that could work. As I said, I'll see what I think when it's time to put the quilt together. It's just one block in a sampler. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts