Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt - Squash Blossom

Block 86 in the Farmer's Wife Sampler is Squash Blossom. I accidentally sewed this up shortly after my last block. The plan was to cut all the pieces ready to go for next time, but I got carried away and sewed them together too. :)


A fairly straight-forward block, this one. I used my 45 degree triangle ruler to cut the pieces which made it nice and easy to cut. It didn't take me long to choose the fabrics for this one. For some reason I knew when I saw it that I wanted to use the same print in two different colours for the main fabics. It's fun to do sometimes, and in this case I really like the way the little spots and flowers are sprinkled over the whole block. Fabric play is so much fun, isn't it? :)

Bye for now,

Hope x

Comments

Popular Posts