A 'Hearty' PB&J Pillow

In my last post I promised a look at the first version of my Heart Spin Mini Quilt, which I was making into a cushion cover. This version was my test piece, where I made sure the pattern came together well and experimented with seam pressing. Here it is:



The design has quite a different look in these PB&J fabrics by Basic Grey, don't you think? I mean, it's obviously the same pattern, but isn't so... sweet?

I opted for an all-over meander in a variegated thread. I planned from the first to make it a cushion cover and I think an all-over design in a smallish scale is a good way to add a bit of stability to the patchwork, which will get pulled around a bit with use. I added some feature stitching on the hearts and around the edges of the background too.



Though I am very happy with how this cushion cover turned out, I'm not pleased at all with how long it took me. I changed my mind about how I was going to make the cushion cover twice - after I'd already started it! So I unpicked, then sewed, then changed my mind, and unpicked and sewed... and finally ended up going with my initial plan. So silly!

Here is the quilt 'pre-cushion', so you can see it flat:



I think this is my favourite version of the quilt so far. Basic Grey are one of my favourite fabric designers - I just love the slightly worn and comfortable look their fabrics have.

Do you have a favourite fabric designer? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now x

Comments

  1. Gorgeous. I really like your mix of quilting. The larger stitches on the white and on the hearts add a lot of visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen. It was nice to use a different stitch on my machine for the larger stitch quilting. It is a faux hand quilting stitch. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts