Farmer's Wife Sampler - Square Dance

Here is my latest Farmer's Wife Sampler block, number 85 in the book, called Square Dance.


This was a fun block to make - not too much cutting and some fairly simple piecing. I used my rotary cutter and rulers for all of it. Once again my trusty 45/90 degree triangle ruler from Creative Grids came in handy, for the white triangles and the black pieces. I just love getting lots of use out of my tools.

To keep things nice and flat I chose to press the seams open between the black and the white triangles. The rest of the seams are pressed to one side. When I mix up my pressing like that I am careful to adjust my seam allowance accordingly. (When pressing seams open I sew an exact quarter inch, whereas pressing to the side requires a scant quarter inch. I'll write more about that another time.)

It's great getting back into these blocks again. I do so love playing with the Rose Parade fabrics, they're just so pretty!

Bye for now x


Comments

Popular Posts