Queen of Hearts

I'm happy to report that I've completed one of the items from my Q1 Finish-Along list!


A couple of people mentioned that the quilt reminded them of Alice in Wonderland, and since then I haven't been able to not think of that whenever I look at the quilt. So, I've called it "Queen of Hearts".

The backing has something of a romantic feel about it, don't you think? It's a Timeless Treasures print I bought from Hall of Fabrics.  


I was a bit lazy with labeling, choosing to write the name of the quilt on one corner hanging pocket, and my name and date on the other corner. Somewhat lacking in detail perhaps, but it will suffice. 

Looking back at my original post about this quilt, I see that it is over a year old! Unable to decide whether to make it a cushion cover or a wall hanging I let it sit in a cupboard being neither. I am so, so happy to have it finished!

You can see all the Finish-Along participants' finishes here: Quarter 1 Link Up.

Rhonda's [Quilt] Ramblings

Bye for now x 

Comments

  1. That pop of red really makes for a stunning design. This would make a great pillow, but then you would hide that fabulous backing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen. I ended up going for a wall hanging mainly because I was concerned the white would get grubby as a pillow cover. And yes, it would have been a shame to hide the backing. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that! And I agree that the red really makes it work. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The hearts are three inches and the quilt finishes at around 15.5" square. :)

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic. It's very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love it! Each time I look at it,I see something different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts