Rose Parade Spools - A Swap Quilt Received

I've shown you what I made for the #igminioz swap on Instagram. Well today, as promised, I'd like to show you what I received:


Isn't it pretty? I feel so very lucky. My partner Julie (@patchwork_gecko on Instagram) went to so much trouble. In the questionnaire I said that my favourite fabric line so far is Rose Parade by Moda. It's a line that is long out of print, but Julie went to the trouble of sourcing a jelly roll of Rose Parade to make my quilt with.

And not just a quilt - she also made me a coin purse, mug rug and a spool pin cushion with the Rose Parade fabrics, and included in the package some little spool blocks and some left over jelly roll strips. PLUS there was a tea bag wallet (with tea bags), chocolate (my favourites, she stalked me well!) and a charm pack of Fresh Cut by Basic Grey (who I'd said is my favourite fabric designer).


I feel so incredibly spoilt and happy and grateful. Everything is perfect for me, and I love it all. Did you notice the hand-stitched label and the selvedges on the back? Also, it just so happens that the turquoise of the border and binding is a very close match for the trim colour in my craft room, see?


How's that for perfect?

This is the first quilt anyone has made for me, and I am smitten.

Bye for now

Hope x

Comments

  1. Gorgeous. Love the colors - so cheerful. Looks great on your wall too. It looks like this was a good swap, both giving and receiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen, I was very lucky, wasn't I? So nice to have a little quilt made just for me. It makes me smile each time I look at it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts