Wander Through the Woods - A New Pattern

I am so excited to tell you that I've just published my newest pattern!

A quilt pattern cover featuring a picture of a tree quilt with a zigzag effect and the title Wander Through The Woods

Wander Through the Woods is a jelly roll friendly lap quilt or wall hanging, full of pine trees that zigzag their way across the quilt. It's put together in rows, there are no triangles to cut, and no points to match (though you will want to be careful not to cut off the tops of the trees) - easy, right?

A tree quilt in christmas fabrics of red, green, white and aqua. It features trees arranged so that they form a zigzag pattern across the quilt.

Made up in Christmas fabrics it's the perfect quilt for the festive season, but it would also work well at any time of year with a change of fabric. I'd love to see a whimsical version in cute fabrics full of fairies, mushrooms, and woodland creatures.

As well as the main quilt pictured, I've designed multiple variations all at the same lap size, 40.5 x 48.5 inches, plus there's a mini 12.5" square version, all included in the pattern with fabric requirements and instructions. One of my favourites is the ombré version:



And, of course, the mini:


I've really worked hard to make this pattern great value and have written it with the beginner in mind. There are diagrams galore, tips and tricks for better accuracy, quilting suggestions and illustrations, full binding instructions... plus I show you how to make your trees whatever size you like.

I do hope you'll give the pattern a go. It really is a fun quilt that doesn't take all that long to make, and honestly is quite easy to sew. It's available now on my website or through my Etsy Store.

Let me know what you think!

Happy Sewing,

Hope x


Comments

  1. I love your patterns. But I have been unsuccessful in retrieving your Zig-Zag Love PDF file on my computer. I am so disappointed because I really wanted to make the pattern. And I have seen two other quilt patterns I would like to download. But, unless there is another way to receive the patterns (other than paying an excessive amount through regular mail, then I will be unable to order them. Is there any other way I can get the pattern and instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The patterns are only available as PDF files at this stage. If you are having trouble retrieving your pattern, please get in touch and I can email you a replacement. Or, if you purchased through Craftsy please check your pattern library, where patterns you purchase always remain available for download.

      Delete
  2. Love this pattern and have just purchased it. What jelly roll did you use? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathi. I used Aspen Frost by Basic Grey for Moda. :)

      Delete
  3. So, have you made this quilt larger and if so, do you know how much more fabric would be needed? I'm trying to work it out with a jelly roll that was given to me for my birthday, and in order to have enough of each color way I already need to purchase more fabric, so I'm wanting to just go ahead and make it a bigger quilt so it will cover my toes when snuggling on the sofa next Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link states this is a free pattern but the link says you have to pay for it !!! I loved the pattern as I have loads of Christmas fabric and just loved this pattern please advise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not indicated anywhere that this is a free pattern. I'm sorry if a third-party site that directed you here stated that it's free. It's definitely not.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts