Farmer's Wife Sampler - Honeycomb

After a bit of a break I've started back on the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. This is block 49 in the book, Honeycomb. 


I did change the piecing somewhat from the book. The fabric choices make it appear a little different, but I also chose to cut the middle triangles in the rows (or columns, as the block is oriented here) in one piece rather than joining two small triangles. Less seams equals less bulk equals easier piecing and nicer points.

The block is all cut out with printed templates. I folded a little sticky tape back on itself and placed it on the back of the template to stop it slipping, then laid my ruler over the top to cut with my rotary cutter. It works well and helps with accuracy. If you have basting spray, that also works a treat when sprayed on the back of the template.

Bye for now. x

Comments

Popular Posts