Willoughby Bay - A Sail Boat Quilt Pattern

I am happy to announce that I have a new pattern available! 


Willoughby Bay is a little wall hanging with a decidedly nautical feel. It would be great on the wall of a baby nursery or a child's bedroom, or anywhere you want to hang something cute!

I named the quilt for Willoughby Bay in Sydney, which I used to live just a couple of minutes walk from. I'd often retreat to Primrose Park and look out at all the sailing boats on the water of the Bay. It was several years ago now, but I've found a photo to show you:


Ok, so there aren't many sails, and there's as much tree as sea, but there are a lot of boats and it's what comes to mind when I think of sailboats. :)

These patchwork boats are very little - just 2.75" tall - and I think they're a lot of fun to make. Here's a close-up with a pen to give you more of an idea of scale: 


Cute, huh?

Cutting instructions are included for both a scrappy look as shown and a single fabric for each element. I'd love to see this quilt in some different colours. Deep indigo seas with jewel-coloured boats, or a colour palette based on a sunrise or sunset... One great suggestion I've had is for pirate ships!


The pattern is suitable for confident beginners, through to more experienced sewists. I have written comprehensive instructions with lots of diagrams throughout, so I think that a newer beginner could also give it a decent go. As ever, I'm just an email away if you need any advice. 

The pattern is available through Etsy and My Pattern Shop. Or, you can click the nifty button below to buy it now. All options offer 'instant' download after payment.   


I'd love to hear what you think of my newest design. If you have any questions or comments, please leave me a comment and say hello.  

Bye for now, and happy sewing!

Hope x

Comments

  1. Absolutely love this mini! The quilting in the border and the binding take it over the top for me. I can see this as a baby quilt also. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts