Flatness and Polka Dots

Hello. :)

I'm checking in again after a long absence (more on that at the end of this post) to share a couple of things with you. Firstly, I have a new ironing surface!


I took an old table, covered the top in mylar batting and a small flannel sheet, secured with fold-back clips, and hey presto, I now have a FLAT ironing surface that grips the fabric. I am so pleased - my old ironing board really is decidedly wonky on top.

Secondly, some polka dots. Lots of lovely black dots on white, sewn up with a little Gypsy Girl by Lily Ashbury to make a queen-size quilt back. I do so love polka dots... Do you?


As for the reason I vanished for a while - it's the whole breast cancer thing I mentioned in my last post. I've been changing nappies, feeding children, doing the occasional school pick-up and drop-off, changing nappies... That close family member with breast cancer has children, four in fact, and all aged 6 or under. So, I've been helping out as needed. Who would have thought a childless thirty-something like me could become so proficient at changing nappies? :)

We're all getting into a new routine now, and my wonderful Mum is helping with the kids more often than not, so my time is more my own. I've been sewing, and writing patterns, and will have more to share with you more often. Promise.

Bye for now, and happy sewing!

Hope x

Comments

Popular Posts